“…he gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases, and he sent them out to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.” ~ Luke 9:1-2
SPEAKING THE NAME OF JESUS IN FAITH, ALL HEAVEN SNAPS TO ATTENTION, AWAITING ORDERS.
Free EBook: Church What it is & is not
GOALS, PROTOCOL & PRIORITIES OF HOUSE CHURCHES
PLEASE don’t let the organization “bog-you-down” this is still a prototype picture and our personal process. Everyone has freedom for a little different look.
These are the “home bases” where 90% of the action is organized. This is where a family lives and prepares to have another three or four families gather together. The Hosts are: wonderful Disciples, possibly Deacons, Elders or Five Fold Gifts.
Role of the Host:
“The end of all things is near; therefore, be of sound judgment and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer. Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. 9Be hospitable to one another without complaint.” ~ 1 Peter 4:7-9
Expectations of the Host:
- Open home for the meeting to come to, get house physically clean, (change kitty litter, etc.), serve simple refreshment, (ice water with lemon).
- Invite a friend or neighbor.
- Pray and sing over the house to create an atmosphere conducive to the Presence of God.
- Participate in the gathering.
Qualifications of Host:
- Born again, Romans 10:9-10
- Started Discipleship Track #1
- Knows the vision of the ministry
- Able to receive instructions from a Deacon.
“But we request of you, brethren, that you appreciate those who diligently labor among you, and have charge over you in the Lord and give you instruction, and that you esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Live in peace with one another.” ~1 Thessalonians5:12-13
“Do not rebuke an older man harshly, but exhort him as if he were your father. Treat younger men as brothers, older women as mothers, and younger women as sisters, with absolute purity. The elders who directs the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching. For the Scripture says, “Do not muzzle the ox while it is treading out the grain,” and “The worker deserves his wages.” Do not entertain an accusation against an elder unless it is brought by two or three witnesses. Those who sin are to be rebuked publicly, so that the others may take warning” ~ 1 Timothy 5:1, 2, 17-20
Everyone loves the Deacon. With a Shepherds heart this person is “in-the-know”. He prays with his eyes open ready to take care of the sheep at any moment. A Deacons’ motto is: “No one slips through the cracks on my shift! In our understanding of the definition of a Deacon we place him serving the body as a House Church Leader, even though an Elder, or a Five Fold gift could minister in this position.
Role of Deacon:
“And we urge you brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. Do not put out the Spirit’s fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil” ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:14-22
Expectations of Deacons:
- Be a communication center.
- Organize meeting rotations, activate a prayer chain, love on the group, invite for dinner, and send cards for birthday, anniversary, thinking of you.
- Be available for emergencies, i.e., partner disagreements, hospital visits.
- Know personal needs of group, (food, transportation, health).
- Participate in weekly gatherings, but use little rebuking, inform facilitating Elder of areas where help in the group is needed.
- Meets as a group with the Rotating Elders every two weeks.
Qualifications of Deacons:
Meet the same as the Hosts, plus:
- “Brothers, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom…a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit…a man full of God’s grace and power, did great wonders and miraculous signs among the people” ~ Acts 6:3, 5, 8 (NIV)
- “Deacons, likewise, are to be men worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain. They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience. They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons. In the same way, their wives are to be women worthy of respect, not malicious talkers but temperate and trustworthy in everything. A deacon must be the husband of but one wife [at a time] and must manage his children and his household well. Those who have served well gain an excellent standing and great assurance in their faith in Christ Jesus. Although I hope to come to you soon, I am writing you these instructions so that, if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth” ~1Timothy 3:8-15
- Must be publicly set in; “They presented these men to the apostles, who prayed and laid their hands on them” ~ Acts 6:6
- Must have completed Discipleship Tract #1Protocol:Same as hosts.ELDERSAmazing! How does this guy know these things? With the maturity of a father; feeding the proper amount, at the proper time. An Elder is a rotating Facilitator (possibly Five Fold gift).
The Role of Elder:“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven” ~ Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8“…and the wise heart will know the proper time and procedure. For there is a proper time and procedure for every matter…” ~ Ecclesiastes 8:5,6
Expectations of Elders:
- Facilitates Meeting in home with this charge; “Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage – with great patience and careful instruction” ~ 2 Timothy 4:2
- “…being the man of God thoroughly equipped for every good work…with and using God breathed Scripture…” ~ 2 Timothy. 3:13 (NIV)
- Meets as a group with the Deacons every two weeks. Meets as a group with the Apostle at least once a month, as they help the Apostle with the communication of the overall ministry.
Qualifications of Elders:
- Same as those of the Host and the Deacon, plus…
- “Here is a trustworthy saying: If anyone sets his heart on being an overseer, he desires a noble task. Now the overseer must be above reproach, the husband of but one wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him with proper respect. (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?) He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. He must also have a good reputation with outsides, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap” ~ 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus chapters 1-3
- Must have completed Discipleship Track #2
- Must practice the level of: ”I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me” ~ Galatians 2:20
- Must practice: “All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had. With great power, the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and much grace was upon them all. There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or house sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles feet, and it was distributed to anyone as he had need” ~ Acts 4:32-25
- Must be able to discern the times and seasons, ~ Ecclesiastes 3:1-8.
Same as Hosts and Deacons.
APOSTLES, PROPHETS, EVANGELIST, PASTORS AND TEACHERS
This would be the placement of the role, expectations, qualifications and protocol of all five of these gifts. There are so many things to address about these gifts I am devoting another book specifically addressing as many as I am able. For now here is what I want to share with you.
- These are men with a unique calling from our Lord Jesus and they may or may not be validated by other humans.
- The men are the gifts themselves, when they walk into the room their gift walks into the room. May I emphasize, they are presents, gifts to all who receive them.
- These men are not to be confused with “Father Gifts” or “Gifts of the Spirit” these are “Jesus Gifts” with delegated authority from Jesus Himself to equip His people.
- These gifts come with a larger vision of the church Universally, Nationally and Locally.BODY WORKING TOGETHERAs the skin, muscles, blood and bone of a human body overlap and blend together, supplying each part with the protection, nourishment and communication, so the parts of the church overlap to do the same. Yet in the overlapping, (of the human body or the church), it still maintains strict order.“Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us” ~ Romans 12:4-6
PRIORITIES OF A HOUSE CHURCH MEETING
- As the people come in the home, stir-up the mud or start collecting testimonies.
- Lead the group into recognizing the presence of God in the room.
- Activate the people to minister in the presence of God, (or under an anointing or flow by the Spirit). Have them lay hands on folks and pray or sing a Spiritual song.
- At times serve the Lord’s Supper and baptize new believers in water.
- Before you leave the meeting, look outside the group, (outside themselves), and pray for lost friends and family, pray for evangelism strategies. Remind them that Jesus said, “GO!”
PRIORITIES OF THIS MINISTRY
- One-on-one discipleship: …if two agree… ~ Matthew 18:19
- House-to-house: …where two or three come together… ~ Matthew 18:20
- Discipleship-Training-School: Matthew 10:1-11:1 Special assignments to small groups. ~ Luke 9:1-6
- Saturday-Schools: Special assignments to large groups. ~ Luke 10:1-12
- Celebrations: …all together in one place… ~ Acts 2:1
- Networking: …Jesus feeds the 5,000… ~ Matthew 14:21
The following pages have some suggested Discipleship Tracts that we have developed from scratch. If these will help you with a start please feel free to use them. The discipleship books we use are from Touch Outreach.
DISCIPLESHIP TRACT #1
_____ Enter a family or House Church.
_____ Received: “Welcome to Changed Life.”
_____ Fill-out: “Welcome to Changed Life.”
_____ Received “The Journey Guide.”
_____ Fill-out: “The Journey Guide.”
_____ Attend a New Believers Weekend.
_____ Salvation/Lordship Prayer.
BORN AGAIN. AN UNDERSTANDING OF:
_____ John 3:3 _____ John 3:16 _____ Romans 6:23_____ Romans 10:9 _____ Acts 4:12 _____ Ephesians 2:8-9
ASSURANCE OF SALVATION: _____Read all of I John _____ John 3:36 _____ John 5:24 _____ John 17:3
_____ Water Baptism; Matthew 3:11, Acts 2:38, 10:47_____ Assurance of Baptism Romans 6:3-5
_____ Prayer with one person Matthew 6:6-13.
_____ Pray alone (listening room with a journal).
_____ Pray in the group with the laying on of hands.
_____ Prayer and Fasting Matthew 6:17.
_____ Baptism of Fire – Filled with the Power of Holy Spirit Matthew 3:11, Acts 1:8, 2:2, 10:38
_____ Pray out in tongues I Corinthians 14:2-5
SERVE THE BODY – Ephesians 4:12
_____ Open your home to gather in.
_____ Help with the children.
_____ Send uplifting cards or phone calls.
_____ Matthew 6:3, “So when you GIVE to the poor.”
_____ Bring food for potluck or a need.
_____ Bring finances for ministry or a need.
STUDY 2 Timothy 2:15
_____ Teamed with a Sponsor. _________________
_____ Start Discipleship #1 _____ Finish #1
_____ Start Discipleship #2 _____ Finish #2
_____ Attend Saturday School “Through the Bible”
Bible Reading: _ Matthew _Mark _ John _Luke _Acts, John _1 _2 _3 _Ephesians
OLD TESTAMENT DVDS
Real people: _Genesis _Creation _Abraham _Jacob _Joseph _Moses _Samson & Delilah _David _Solomon _Jeremiah _Esther
Animated: _Abraham & Isaac _Moses _Joseph in Egypt _Joseph’s Reunion _Ruth _Samuel the Boy Prophet _David & Goliath _Solomon _Elijah _Elisha _Daniel _Esther
NEW TESTAMENT DVDS
Real people: _Nativity _Matthew _Peter & Paul _Apocalypse _Luther_Time Changers _Seven Signs of Christ’ Return _Heaven & Hell
Animated _The King is Born _John the Baptist _Jesus, The Son of God _The Kingdom of Heaven _The Lost is Found _The Greatest is the Least _The Good Samaritan _The Miracles of Jesus _Lazarus Lives _Treasures in Heaven _The Righteous Judge _Bread from Heaven _The Prodigal Son _Forgive Us Our Debts _Lord, I Believe _He is Risen _The Lord’s Prayer _Saul of Tarsus _ Ministry of Paul
OUTREACH – Mark 16:16-18
_____ Attend Saturday School on Evangelism.
_____ Share your testimony with the group.
_____ Lead your children in salvation, baptism, prayer
and the power of the Spirit.
_____ List people to pray salvation for.
_____ Talk to someone about Jesus.
_____ Invite someone to come to a gathering.
_____ Visit interested unbelievers.
_____ Join in a community “Outreach”.
_____ Share testimony with someone outside group.
_____ Pray with someone outside group.
_____ Sponsor a person in Discipleship.
We can grow and measure ourselves according to the following scripture!
“I am writing to you, little children, because your sins have been forgiven you for His name’s sake. 13I am writing to you, fathers, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. I have written to you, children, because you know the Father. 14I have written to you, fathers, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one.” ~ John 2:12-14
What have we discovered in Chapter Thirteen?
68. Roles, Expectations, Qualifications, and Protocols of: Hosts, Deacons and Elders.
69. Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers.
70. Priorities of a House Church Meeting.
71. Priorities of this ministry.
72. Discipleship Track I
73.Measure our growth; Child, Young Man and Father.
Personal Journal Insert:
Tonight I understand a little more about the authority of Jesus name and the power of His Holy Spirit to back it up. 7 P.M. the first night of the men’s retreat was in session, my Lord had given me a “word” and a promise and I knew which man I was to pray for first. I met him earlier that day and he looked like a walking zombie. No expression, I could not even see his eyes, only two slits. We prayed for him according to the Word of God and in Jesus Name commanding the demon that had possessed him twenty years earlier to leave, this young man’s eyes opened. He asked the question: “Where am I?” He accepted the saving work of Jesus that night!
Immediately the rest of the men stood-up ready to get serous with Jesus, confessed their sins and asked for prayer! Glory to our Lord Jesus!