Some call me a romantic, an idealist or a dreamer who is out of touch with reality but this March 30th 2015 I am starting my 15th year of being crazy in love with my wife Sandy Spencer. With this overwhelming desire to race home every day after work just to be in her presence, I have been given a partial inside glance of how Jesus views His Bride to be.
I was studying with a friend several years ago and he just blurted out;
…everyone knows who the Bride of Christ is!
Do you know who the Bride of Christ is? Do you think you are in that company? Are there any qualifications that are expected to be met? Can you point out those that are the Bride of Christ and those that are not? What is her purpose both now & in the future?
In this hour of prophetic fulfillment many religious people will try to persuade you to make eternal decisions based on Heaven or Hell; what a pathetic existence of fear based teaching. Yes Heaven & Hell are very, very real but our motivation of eternity cannot be based on NOT GOING TO Hell therefore Heaven is a better alternative. Our eternity is not based on where but on whom. The Bride of Christ is NOTHING without the Groom: Jesus.
I will give you the answers right up front, if this speaks to you then enjoy the details that follow.
The Bride of Christ is…
- Real people.
- Gentiles not Jews, not composed of Old Testament Saints.
- In love with Jesus, the Son of our Living God.
- The ones that have submitted to the cleansing & purifying of His Word.
- Not the whole Church but a called-out body, from a called-out body.
- Many are called but she will be chosen from the called by a set of virtues.
- The 100 fold; not the 60 fold or 30 fold chosen from the same ground or field.
- Prepared for the rapture event that starts the Wedding Feast.
- Will be caught away in the rapture event.
- The rapture of the Bride is the first fruits offering of the barley harvest.
- John’s vision of the 24 elders with crowns (not the multitude) Revelation 4.
- The ones that say: “Come.” Revelation 22:17.
The Bride can be also be identified by 5 crowns or rewards for her earthly service:
- Victor’s Crown: overcoming the desires of the flesh 1Corinthians 9:25.
- Rejoicing Crown or Soul Winners Crown Philippians 4:1, 1 Thessalonians 2:19
- Crown of Righteousness or Watchers Crown 2 Timothy 4:8
- Crown of Life: remaining faithful in persecution James 1:12, Revelation 2:10
- Crown of Glory: leading those in your influence with a righteous example 1 Peter 5:1-4
Again, the one true motive behind all of this service is because we are so crazy in love with our Lord Jesus, thankful for his: life, death & resurrection, living in full faith that He is preparing a place for us and that He can’t wait to have His Harold proclaim: “Behold the Bridegroom cometh!”
If you realize you are not in this company of The Bride of Christ, make yourself ready…choose to be chosen!
We must mix all of the scriptures with faith or they remain as just words on a page. Over 40 years ago I was seeking Truth and I was given the very Word of God that pointed me to God’s Son Jesus and The Holy Spirit or the “Spirit of Truth” that teaches me all things! Wow what a package deal!
Thomas Spencer www.TheBibleGuy.com