WEEK 3 DAY 5 – Discipleship Course – ENTERING THE KINGDOM OF GOD
Romans 10:9-10 NKJV
…that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
RECEIVE CHRIST’S FREEDOM – Soldier, time to suit up
Bible Guy Markup of Ephesians 6:10-17
Paul was probably looking at a Roman soldier when The Holy Spirit gave him this revelation; notice the parallel of physical and spiritual weapons!
- 10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
- 11 Put on the whole armor of God that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
- 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but
- against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
- 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
- 14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
- 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—
Thought #1 – You have been power to overcome. Lookup Ephesians 1:18-20, notice that the same power that raised Jesus from the dead is at work in your life right now!
Thomas Spencer – TheBibleGuy.com
A Trusted voice in a fragile world.